Community & Economic Development
PADD promotes and assists in the development and growth of the area’s economy and serves as a focal point for regional cooperation and coordination. We provide assistance in structuring financial incentive packages, business lending, economic data collection, facilitating job skill development and administration of various types of state and federal funding sources. Our staff looks to provide immediate ways to help communities take charge of changing context, challenges, and opportunities by facilitating federal, state and local partnerships. From high profile construction projects to small improvements with a large impact on daily life, the Pennyrile Area Development District is helping develop the quality of life and place in communities across Western Kentucky.
The Community and Economic Development Department works with the following programs to facilitate projects in the region:
- Economic Development Administration Grant Program
- Delta Regional Authority Grant Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Recreational Trails Program
- Transportation Alternatives Program
- Safe Routes to School Program
- CMRS and Homeland Security Grant Programs
- FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program
- Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Grant Programs
Kentucky Intergovernmental Review Process
The Kentucky Intergovernmental Review Process provides information to local leaders for planning future projects. PADD serves as the designated Regional Review Agency (RRA) to identify potential conflicts and possible duplication of projects impacting the nine counties in the Pennyrile region. The PADD Board of Directors make recommendations for consideration of projects by federal and state funding agencies.
Amy Frogue is the Associate Director of Community and Economic Development.
File not found.
File not found.